Saturday, July 16, 2016

Chewy Butterscotch Brownies Recipe Review

Chewy Butterscotch Brownies

I got this recipe from Very Best Baking but you can also sometimes find it on the back of the Nestle Butterscotch Chips bag.  If you want to try it go here.

I make this recipe all the time.  It’s one of my go to desserts because it is easy and delicious.  And I usually have a bag of butterscotch chips in the house. (Is that odd?) 

The recipe starts with a cup of butter.  Which is always a good sign.  


The rest of the ingredients are pretty simple.  And there is nothing tricky about the instructions.  You basically just mix everything together.  The recipe tells you to put half of the butterscotch chips in the batter and then sprinkle the rest on top after they are in the pan.  I did that the first time I made these but I didn’t really see the point so I started to just put them all in the batter and that worked just fine and seemed easier to me. 


I like nuts but I often leave them out for allergy reasons when I plan to take them somewhere or give them out.  They turn out fine without them and without changing anything else.  They are good both ways.  But these can get very sweet and I think the nuts cut the sweetness and tempers it a little.


The batter is really thick.  In fact, spreading it out in the pan might be the hardest part of making them.  

After about 30 minutes in the oven they come out golden brown and buttery.  I get a lot of good feedback about them so they have a wide appeal and it is nice to occasionally have a change from the traditional chocolate chip blondie bars.

No comments: