Friday, December 11, 2009

The Friday 56, Company of Liars

Rules:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


Okay, so this week the book closest to me is the same book I used last week so I'm going to go with the book second closest to me which happen to be Company of Liars by Karen Maitland.


The sentence:


I was old and I knew it was inevitable, but I had never given it a shape before. Now, as this terrible sickness rolled inexorably towards us, I glimpsed for the first time the form death might assume and felt the panic rising in my throat.


I haven't gotten around to reading this one yet so I have no insight to give on the sentence. You will have to draw your own conclusions.

2 comments:

fredamans said...

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/12/friday-56_11.html

Suzanne said...

It sounds terribly sad!