Monday, June 1, 2009

Books I Finished in May

I know you have been waiting all month for this so I won't keep you waiting any longer.

Sunday the Rabbi Stayed Home by Harry Kemelman
I liked it. I thought it was more about the people than it was about the mystery.

The Moon and the Sun by Vonda McIntyre
Not my favorite. You can read my review here. And you can download your own copy here.

Galileo by Bertolt Brecht

The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien
I spent a lot of this book wondering if I was ever going to figure out what was going on. I did, sort of. It was interesting but hard to define.

Alan Quatermain's Wife by H. Rider Haggard
Not a whole lot of romance so don't worry. I love the cover.

Sunshine by Robin McKinley
Another vampire story. But I like vampires so that's okay. Some of the characters were very interesting.

Eyes Wide Open by Jud Wilhite
You can read my review here.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
What is there to say? This book is just great.

Guide to Pirate Parenting by Tim Bete
A silly, goofy, very fast read. You can download your own e-book copy here.

Crimes of Paris by Dorothy and Thomas Hoobler
I found this book fascinating. You can read my review here.

Tarzan at the Earth's Core by Edgar Rice Burroughs
A lot of daring do and beautiful women falling in love with brave men. Typical Edgar Rice Burroughs.

No comments: