Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Ghost Pepper Visit

So, my guy and I decided to swear off alcohol for a month.  And then the very next day went to sit in one of our favorite watering holes, The Savin Bar and Kitchen.

We are there a lot and know most of the bartenders.  So we sit at the bar and that night Bill is behind the bar.  He comes over to greet us and asks if we have tried it yet and jerks his head toward the wall of booze behind him.  (Well, that's what I thought at the time.  It turns out he was jerking his head toward the building next door.)  Anyway.  I had no idea what he was talking about but tried to play it off like I did.  But it was soon apparent that was not going to work.  It turns out he was talking about a new restaurant.  A restaurant that opened up right down the street from where I live and literally next door to a bar I am in on a regular basis and I failed to notice.  In my defense, the outside is rather unassuming.

The Ghost Pepper Taco and Tequila Bar

Now, a tequila bar is not usually my scene but it was recommended and owned by the same people who own my favorite bar, so I had to go.  It is bright and open inside with a nice big, comfortable bar.  The bar opens at three but the kitchen doesn't open until four.  Which my good friend Bill forgot to mention when he was giving me the info on the place.  He can be forgiven for assuming food was not my priority though.  He has plenty of reasons for that.  Anyhow.  They have a selection of tacos and of tapas plates and some larger plates as well.  We got some carnitas tacos, the empanadas, the pupusas and the pork belly plate.

The empanadas are filled with short rib so it's hard to go wrong.  But I think they are baked and I liked fried things so I was slightly disappointed.  And I felt they were slightly dry but the 'condimento' it was served on helped.  My guy said he has had better empanadas but I think he has the same thought about fried things.  Don't get me wrong.  They were still very tasty and I would get them again.



The carnitas tacos were very good.  We both like a little heat so we added some hot sauce to ours but they are not hot on their own. I would like to try the other tacos too but it will be hard not to order these ones again.

The pupusas were good too.  Ours were filled with duck confit but the fillings change so you should ask what the filling of the week is.  I think I might have liked them more with a different filling.  I enjoyed them but of the three I would be most willing to forgo these next time to try something new.

The pork belly.  Get the pork belly.  What more can I say.  It was awesome.  I didn't want to share but I had too.  I wasn't fast enough to eat it all before my guy got some.

They have a nice beer selection.  I'm always happy to see a sour on the menu.  There are a lot of tequila cocktails on the menu.  And a lot of them have mezcal.  I just skipped right over them because I do not like mezcal.  If you are a tequila lover you might have a different approach.  I saw something called Crystal Leche.  The description is 'clarified milk cocktail; recipe heavily guarded!'  That's it.  So of course I got one.  It was pretty to look at and tasty to drink.  It was like nothing I've had before; sweet and fruity.  I still don't really know what's in it.  But it is on my list of things to get again.

We didn't try too many cocktails off the menu because we have a habit of ordering an old fashioned everywhere we go.  We like to see how different bartenders make it.  We got one from each of the bartenders.  They were both definitely old fashioneds but they were very different.  One very traditional, basically bourbon and bitters in a glass, and the other was sweeter with muddled fruit.  We enjoyed them both and think both were above average.  And served by friendly, helpful bartenders.

The only caveat is that I left still a little hungry.  I know that tapas are small but... We shared the empanadas (served two to an order) and the pupusas (also served two to an order) and each got a carnitas taco, and shared the pork belly plate.  And I wanted more.  Which is nice in a way because you get to try different things but the tacos are $5 or $6 a piece and the tapas plates go from $5 to $10 and things start to add up.  Just go in knowing you are going to have to order several things to make a meal.

We had a good time.  We will be back.  But it is nice to know that there is a bar right next door where they also serve a good old fashioned and the plates are a little more filling.

6 comments:

Leahann Retales said...

I am Leah retales, And i stand as a female vampire here in New orleans. Vampires do live where ever they want, Because vampires are every where. This means that there are vampires where you live, you just wouldn't know it even if you saw one, Not until you become one. I am among the 7th clans of vampires that makes life get easier, And much fun to live in. I want to make known to every one the hindu lord whom perform transformation rituals with beings getting turned into powerful predators. The vampire lord has made so many persons vampires, including me sharing these ads. I have experienced a great change and decided to take the task of bringing into notice the transformation rituals and also to win souls into the vampire clan. You are assured immortality and prosperity, And you shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, You will have super speed and be stronger to control things of the world. You will not be restricted to walk at day or sunlight, With the protecting ring you shall be able to go into sunlight and never get harmed by any garlic or mental, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture by acquiring the vampire blood, Ring and vampire guide book. if you are interested contact the hindu lord, Vampirelordtransformerchanging@gmail.com

Steve Jones said...

My Name is Steve Jones from Canada, i turn to a vampire any time i want to, I become a real vampire because of how people treat me, This world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. At the snack of my finger things are made happened. Am now a powerful vampire and no one step on me without an apology goes free. I turn to human being also at any time i want to. And am one of the most dreaded and respected person in my country. i am now also very famous and rich with the help of the VAMPIRES EMPIRE. i get what ever a want. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire Kingdom by given me their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com, if you want to become a powerful and a real vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com for help. it is real. Contact them today. jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com

Paual James said...


Am Spencer Sunshine,from Miami Florida United States.Am here to to testify on how i was initiated into Vampire's cult. At first i had the interest of becoming one because i wanted to live longer and achieve greatness and fame of my own and i was scared of how i can achieve this goal.Along the course,i found this email address (jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com) online seeking for those who are interested and i contacted the email address thinking just giving a try to my greatest surprise they made me become one and give me all that i have actually wanted,though some sacrifice and some other things were done for very easily and they gave me vampire dayring that can make me walk any time of the day.Truly this is the revolutionized vampire's cult and am very happy about it.It is happening,for real.In case you too need to be one,i would advice you contact this email address (jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com) and get what you want.

Anonymous said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EKPOMA ) THAT HELP
ME GET MY EX HUSBAND BACK, I AM SO HAPPY
I am from the USA .I am here to
give testimony on how I got my husband back.
My husband left me for no reason 3 years ago.
He moved in with another woman, I felt like
killing myself, my life became very bitter and
sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me
about a great spell caster that is very good and,
He said he gave him some lucky numbers that he
played in a lottery and he won. I didn't believe it
because I've worked with so many of them and it
didn't work. He begged me further so I decided
to try this great spell caster called DR EKPOMA . I
still didn't believe it. I used the spell he gave me
and the next day I received a call from my
darling husband Thomas last month. He
apologized and came back to me. He even gave
me 10,000USD as a means of compensating me.
I'm very happy now. please i will advise you to contact him
now and see for yourself his Email is via____
drekpoma77temple@gmail.com or whatsapp him
through the following contact on +2348139206346
Dr.EKPOMA  also cures:
1. HEPATITIS A,B,C
2. HERPES 1/2
3.DIABETES
4.STROKE.
5.HIV/AIDS HERBAL  CURE, STDS and STI6. MARRIAGE COUNSELLING
7.LOVE SPELL CASTING
8.JOB PROMOTION SPELLS
9.MARITAL PROBLEM
10.MAGIC MONEY SPELLS  

Dannyclair said...

How to get your ex back fast! I was hurt and heart broken when a very big problem occurred in my marriage seven months ago, between me and my husband . so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce. he said that he never wanted to stay with me again, and that he didn't love me anymore. So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back, after much begging, but all to no avail. and he confirmed it that he has made his decision, and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening, as i was coming back from work, i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him, so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back, is to visit a Dr, because it has really worked for him too. So i never believed in spell, but i had no other choice, than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the Email address of the Dr whom he visited.poweroflovespell@gmail.com.So the next morning, i sent a mail to the address he gave to me, and the Dr assured me that i will get my husband back the next day. What an amazing statement!! I never believed, so he spoke with me, and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 7 months, gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back. So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day, with lots of love and joy, and he apologized for his mistake, and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day, our relationship was now stronger than how it were before, by the help of a love Dr. So, i will advice you out there if you have any problem contact Dr adebayo odu, i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you.. Email him at: poweroflovespell@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2347055287754.

Tamara Barrow said...

The doctors said Herpes virus do not have medical cure because the virus is capable of hiding within the human cells, it remains protected from your immune system. Herpes isn’t a special virus – your immune system has the tools to fight it back. But because it is able to lay dormant in protected cells, your immune system is unable to remove it from your body,But with strong reactive herbal medication is capable of getting rid of the virus gradually and totally from your body without damaging any of your cells,natural herbs kills the virus totally not just reducing the out break. Get natural herbs cure Email DR. VOODOO at voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719