Friday, August 19, 2016

The Friday 56

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post in the Linky here. Add the post url, not your blog url.
*It's that simple.

The book this week is The Invoice by Jonas Karlsson.  One day a man comes home from his part time job at the video shop to find an invoice for an absurd amount of money.  He calls customer service and finds out that the bill is for everything he has ever experienced in his entire life.  

With some reluctance, I had to admit that I was actually pretty happy with my life.  I didn't really have anything to complain about.

Which makes him a lucky man.  Of course it also makes his bill that much higher.  So it's kind of a bittersweet thing. 

3 comments:

fredamans said...

I need to read this!! :-) Happy weekend!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

What a clever idea for a story! Sounds like something I'd enjoy reading.
My Friday post features CHASING CHARLIE.

Nicole said...

What an interesting concept. I will have to watch for this one. Happy Weekend!