Circumference by Nicholas Nicastro
Encomium: a formal expression of high praise; eulogy:
Entrepot: 1.a warehouse.
2. a commercial center where goods are received for distribution, transshipment, or repackaging.
Faience: glazed earthenware or pottery, especially a fine variety with highly colored designs
Twee: affectedly dainty or quaint:
Volutes: 1. a spiral or twisted formation or object.
2. Architecture . a spiral ornament, found especially in the capitals of the Ionic, Corinthian, and Composite orders.
3. Carpentry . a horizontal scrolled termination to the handrail of a stair.
Teleological: of or pertaining to teleology, the philosophical doctrine that final causes, design, and purpose exist in nature.
Nostrum: a medicine sold with false or exaggerated claims and with no demonstrable value; quack medicine
Chthonic: of or pertaining to the deities, spirits, and other beings dwelling under the earth.
Conurbations: an extensive urban area resulting from the expansion of several cities or towns so that they coalesce but usually retain their separate identities.
Tumescent: 1. swelling; slightly tumid.
2. exhibiting or affected with many ideas or emotions; teeming.
3. pompous and pretentious, especially in the use of language; bombastic.
Verdigris: a green or bluish patina formed on copper, brass, or bronze surfaces exposed to the atmosphere for long periods of time,consisting principally of basic copper sulfate.