Friday, July 13, 2012

The Friday 56 (July 13th)

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it to Freda's Voice.
*Add your (url) post to Linky on Freda’s post

The book is Culinary Reactions by Simon Quellen Field. It is about the science behind cooking. There are even chemical diagrams in here. I understand some of it though.


To round out the flavor palate, it’s good to excite the sweet sensors and the sour sensors on the tongue as well. (I’ll let someone else devise a good-tasting recipe that also excites the two bitter sensors – I’d just as soon avoid those myself.)

2 comments:

fredamans said...

I like hitting on those 2 flavor sensors!

Jinky said...

I like sweet and sour ..not necessarily at the same time! Wouldn't be crazy about bitter sensors either!! --Sounds like interesting ..but might get lost ..I didn't do so well in chemistry! ;)