Thursday, April 1, 2010

Books I Finished in March

Only 7 this month, and one of them was only 90 pages long. I have been informed by a handy new gadget on Shelfari that I am behind my pace. So nice of them to point it out.


Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
More YA fantasy. Fairies and selkies and Shakespeare and all that. Good if you like this sort of thing but I have not put the sequel at the top of my list.

The Book of Joby by Mark J. Ferrari
Retelling of the story of Job. Sort of. I was just reading a story and not looking for it to be strictly biblical so I could enjoy it on that level but it started to lose me when King Arthur and Lancelot got involved.

Dead and Buried by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
Creepy and dark without being too gory and gross.

Dino Vicelli by Lori Weiner
This was the 90 pages one. Cute, quirky, but with some flaws I think.

The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson
Hmmm… I don’t know. I expected better. I know that it was written for kids (a younger audience than I had supposed when I picked it up) but still I expected some menace from the bad guys and what I got was corny. It might appeal to young children (probably more boys) but it isn’t one of those books you can say is for all ages.

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
As you can imagine from the title this future doesn’t have much color. It is a society where everyone conforms and things are the way they are and no one can remember why and such. It isn’t as bleak as it sounds. It has some wit and humor. I liked it and will read the next two but I’m getting tired of trilogies and kind of wish it was just one book.

The Firm by John Grisham
Suspenseful. A good thriller.

No comments: