Friday, January 8, 2010

The Friday 56, Transition

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

The book this week is Transition by Vonda N. McIntyre.

The sentence:

But she was scared, and being watched by a phalanx of recording devices did not help her nerves.

I just started this book on the train ride into work this morning and though it seemed like an eternity to me it was not long enough to get to page 56. So I'm not sure what's going on but I wouldn't want to be watched by recording devices either.

I think it is a first contact type of story. I also think that there is a book that comes before this and I might have missed something. But I have not read enough to really form an opinion about it yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think i would like recording devices either...

Here's mine

Suzanne said...

Yeah, this sounds a little on the creepy side.