Tuesday, April 25, 2023

For Lovers of Wildlife

 Beautiful Serengeti starring Simon Shrimpton-Smith


A documentary about life in the Serengeti.


This documentary has 12 half hour episodes.  I watch a lot of wildlife documentaries but there was footage here of things I had never seen before.  There was a lot of new information for me, which is nice when it seems like all the documentaries now have been done before and are just repeating each other.  The cinematography is beautiful and the narrator does a good job.  I also like how they split the information into categories for each episode.  (ie. The Hunt, Defence, Family and such)  I really enjoyed the series and would recommend it to anyone who likes wildlife.  My only critique is that they use the same footage several times, and not just the footage, the narration is the same too, so you know it is the exact same clip.  I binge watched the series so it was very evident, if you space them out you might not notice as much.  It is still definitely worth a watch.


It is available on Amazon Prime right now.




No comments: