Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Books I Finished in May

Okay, so May did not turn out to be the month I got my blogging back on track. Maybe it will be June. Or July. Possibly August. Soon anyway, I’m sure. Anyhow, I may not have done much blogging but I did manage to read some stuff.


Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran
Moran can make her characters and settings come to life. This made me interested in the French Revolution even though I never really was before.

Immortality Inc. by Robert Sheckley
Basis for the movie Freejack. The stories are the same only in a very broad way. I think they are both worth a look.

Draconian New York by Robert Sheckley
Second in the series that I now want to find the first one of.

We Kill Monsters by Christopher Leone
Graphic novel about, you guessed it, killing monsters. But it isn’t all just monster killing action the characters are well written too.

How to Build a Robot Army by Daniel H. Wilson
Wilson’s books are fun and don’t require much thinking. I think I liked How to Survive a Robot Uprising better than this one but that might be because I read it first. Reading the two around the same time tended to make the second one sound somewhat redundant.

The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey
There is a lot of information about snails here. And that is interesting. But it is also very interesting to see how Bailey becomes attached to and almost dependant upon the snail.

Hammer of the Gods: Mortal Enemies by Michael Avon Oeming
Graphic novel about Thor and Loki and Odin and them.

Werewolf Versus Dragon by David Sinden
Nice little story with dragons and werewolves and monsters of all kinds.

Killing Girl: A Sister’s Love by Glen Brunswick
Graphic novel about an assassin. It is a dark story and I really didn’t like the art so this one was not for me.

An Arsonist’s Guide to Writer’s Homes in New England by Brock Clarke
I like the voice that this book is told in and the quirky characters. I think I’ll read more by Clarke.

Then is the Power by Gerald Mills
I like the story here but Mills sometimes walks a very thin line with some of the characters. They almost go over the top into the unbelievable.

Marvel Zombies by Robert Kirkman
Graphic novel where all your favorite Marvel heroes are now zombies. It’s a bit gory and gruesome but all the best zombie stories are, aren’t they?

Rapunzel’s Revenge by Dean Hale
Another graphic novel. This one has a little lighter feel than most of the others I’ve been reading. It is fun and even silly at times.

Regarding Ducks and Universes by Neve Maslokovic
I have to admit that most of the reason that I read this was that I liked the title. But it turned out to be a good book too.

1 comment:

fredamans said...

Great month for reading! Happy June reading!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/05/may-monthly-news.html