Friday, January 14, 2011

The Friday 56, Slaughterhouse-Five

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it to Freda's Voice.

The book this week is Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. This is my first Vonnegut book. For some reason I always thought I wouldn’t like Kurt Vonnegut. I think I was wrong.

The sentence:

At last she had accumulated enough to whisper this complete sentence: “How did I get so old?”

What she had accumulated was energy, and it seems like it was rather had to do at this point. But I guess if the question is important enough you find a way to ask it.

2 comments:

I Eat Words said...

I love Slaughterhouse-Five! Such a great book. :)

fredamans said...

A question I ask myself all the time now.

Thanks for participating!