Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Books I Finished in November

Another 8 book month. And some of them were kids’ books. I don’t know what I was doing in November but apparently it wasn’t reading.

Terminal Logic by Jefferson Scott
A little out of date but I could get around that and enjoy the book.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Made me want to read the next one. Read my review here.

The Wrath of Alexander the Great by Terry McCarthy
A lot of action and an interesting hero with a little betrayal and romance thrown in to keep things interesting.

The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Josilyn Jackson
It was okay. The ending was a surprise but I had trouble liking most of the characters.

The Giver by Lois Lowry
It was interesting to read it again after all this time. I found it kind of creepy.

Mistress Shakespeare by Karen Harper
Interesting to read about how William Shakespeare came into his own as a playwright. There is political intrigue and historical facts but it is definitely a love story.

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
I thought it was a nice story but I don’t really like it when the narrator talks to you. But maybe if I was the age that this book was written for I would have looked at it differently.

Messenger of Truth by Jacqueline Winspear
I’m not a big fan of Winspear’s writing style and I had trouble connecting with the main character so I don’t think I’ll be reading any more Maisie Dobbs novels.

No comments: